Have you asked a question in a Google Search and seen a variety of related questions with answers from various websites? These are referred to as ‘Featured Snippets’. As you can imagine, this is great exposure on Google and could be source of authority, leads and eventually business for your company. Approximately 9% of clicks go to the featured snippet in search results. Approximately 13% of search queries display featured snippets.
So, how do these companies show up in an organic search as a featured snippet? There a many resources that you can find if you do a search yourself. Some of the answers will actually be found in a featured snippet. No irony there.
The quick answer is that you can’t force it, but you can provide the information that answers questions posed to Google in a format that they prefer.
There are 3 types of featured snippets:
Paragraph snippets (82%)
Question: When Should I Apply Fertilizer To My Lawn In The Fall
List snippets (11%)
Question: What Are The Step Of The Scientific Method?
Table snippets (7%)
Question: Metric Conversion From Pounds To Grams
The guidelines for showing up are as follows:
- Choose a search phrase for which your page or website is already ranking on the first page
- Create an H2 as the question
- Create a numbered or bulleted list to improve the chances of showing up for an ordered list
- Use Ahrefs to find long-tail keywords that you can use to create opportunities for featured snippets
- Create Structured Data to win table snippets
- Fetch the page with the snippet in search console
There is a lot of complexity in the above steps, and there are NO guarantees that your snippet will show up. But, if it does, you can increase traffic to your site.
If you would like to speak to one of the professionals at Get Found Fast about featured snippets, SEM, website development, marketing, Denver SEO services or just learn more about your digital marketing plans, please call or click here!