Innovative Denver SEO agency pros confirm that when it comes to any local SEO strategy, an essential first step is to claim and verify the registration of your local business with Google My Business. Using GMB can prove to be very helpful for increasing your chances of appearing in Google Local Finder, Local Pack, Google Maps, and organic rankings in general. Eligible local businesses can apply for this registration for free and include information about their business, such as address, phone number, working hours, types of payment etc.
Many local companies claim their GMB listing but soon forget about it, although there are a number of features that Google offers to optimize your listing and ranking your local business.
- If you organize an event (such as a webinar or a seminar), you can create an Event Post using a date, as well as start and end time, then add the link to the registration page.
- Do you have a sale, during a certain period of the year? Create a “Sale” Event Post.
- Do you have an interesting blog post? Add a short description and a link to it.
- Do you have a new product you want to present? Display an image of it and post information about where people can make the purchase.
- Do you want to spread the joy of the holidays? Post a specific message.