The dominant website design trend in 2020 was the usage of dynamic elements, such as 3D components and floating elements to improve user experience and that trend is surely likely to continue in 2021 as well. The following year is likely to come with other new trends as well – here are some that are worth keeping an eye on and using on your website:
- Minimalism – internet users will continue to appreciate sleek, easy to navigate interfaces, free from unnecessary notifications and other clutter;
- Content with a personal touch – storytelling has gradually made its way into website content and it is now a must for any website that wishes to get close to its customers. Adding images and videos is also a way to make your contents easier to relate to. Using handwriting and hand-drawn images is another great way to add that personal touch and to engage your visitors right away;
- Mobile-friendly design – a prominent Denver SEO expert says that the need for mobile-friendly website design will increase, as more and more people use their phones and other mobile devices to access website content. The feature has become so important that Google has included it among their website quality assessing criteria, used for establishing website rankings.
The ranking that your website obtains for local searches is essential for the success of your website – with more and more people looking for products and services online, an in demand Denver SEO expert commits that, having a website that is highly visible is essential. Here is how you can improve your local ranking:
- Use up to date information on Google My Business – Google My Business is a free, easy to use and very efficient tool offered by the search engine that local businesses can use to manage their presence on Google Maps and Search. The tool allows you to add photos about your business, to enter information related to your business activity, to the history of your business as well as to your opening hours and location;
- Create a blog – managing a blog, writing and posting relevant content regularly is an excellent way to connect with your audience in a more direct way. You can also use your blog to help your readers solve the problems that they are faced with and that you have experience with;
- Use the right keywords – including the most relevant keywords into your content is also very important for obtaining a better local ranking. Use an online tool, such as Keyword Planner, to identify the best keywords to use for targeting your local audience.
If you are currently in the process of launching a new website, one of the most important decisions to make is to choose your best hosting service. A practiced Denver SEO expert will advise you to to look for these features while you are browsing hosts:
- Strong reputation – if a web host provides great services, you will find it out from review websites and forums. The same goes for subpar services, too, so checking what other users think about the service that you are planning to use is essential;
- At least 99% uptime – your web host provides the physical part of your website through servers that need to run all the time, so make sure to go with a host that promises maximum 1% of downtime;
- A wide range of plans and scalability – take a look at the plans provided by various established web hosting services. If your website is small, choose a suitably small plan for it, but your goal is probably to grow, so find out whether your host will be able to accommodate growth by providing flexibility and scalability as well;
- 24/7 customer service – this feature is also essential for ensuring smooth, problem-free operation for your website and prompt help whatever technical difficulties you encounter.
The content of a site is its very essence. A site with fresh, original, rich content will always be relevant for the user and implicitly for Google. However, this content must be valued and this is ensured by specialists following several aspects.
- Accessibility and indexability of the site
Accessibility tracks the extent to which the site can be accessed by search engines, and indexability tracks the extent to which the site is indexed efficiently.
- The presence and density of keywords
A credible Denver SEO expert asserts that Google ignores and even penalizes keyword stuffing strategies and forces us, in the good sense of the word, to have texts as relevant as possible for users. In terms of density, studies indicate an optimal keyword density that should be between 3% and 5%.
- Identifying strategic places on the site
- Title, Url, Meta Page Description
- Headers and subHeaders
- Duplicate or copied content
This is unfortunately a very common problem, but Google penalizes it. It is healthier – from a SEO point of view! – not to display any content, instead of displaying copied content. There are a multitude of tools – some are free! – that allow you to check the content before posting it.
- Pages with weak content
Unfortunately, pages with weak content only dilute the authority of a site and decrease the user experience.
Relocating your business should be seen as an opportunity to improve it and promote it further. For example, it is a good opportunity to replace obsolete equipment. Instead of transporting the old equipment to the new location, you save time and effort if you scrap what is too old and invest in something new and modern. The same principle can be applied to outdated furniture.
Another opportunity offered by business relocation is promotion. Just like people throw a warming party when they move into a new house, it is a good idea to organize an event to let your partners, customers and the press know that your business has been relocated. You should promote this information on social media, so that those who are interested in your activity get the news. Per a locally recognized Denver SEO expert, it is a good opportunity to offer discounts and promote new products or services.
Last but not least, use social media and focus on becoming viral. Going viral is the dream of any entrepreneur or marketer. Having customers who bring you other customers without you investing more money in marketing? Who wouldn’t want that? There are different things you can do to encourage virality: adding social sharing buttons on your website, asking people to share your posts, sending vouchers that can be offered to friends etc.
Heatmaps are a graphic representation of information in which values are indicated by colors. These colors include red, green, orange or yellow and they are semi-transparent. The intensity of these colors depends on the user’s interaction with that particular website, but also on his/her attention focus and eye movement. All these can be determined by using eye-tracking tools, replay session tools or accumulated clicks on links.
However, the variation in screen resolution can cause heatmaps to be less accurate, which results in misleading estimates about customers’ behavior and preferences on websites. Heatmaps are easier to discern and distinguish than numbers, and because of that many people consider them to be quite useful.
The most helpful thing about heatmaps is the fact that they can identify trends and tendencies quite easily and rapidly. They can communicate essential data to viewers in no time.
Heatmaps can be used in a wide variety of situations. They can help you determine the basic points of interest in a short period of time, helping people understand where there is a need for changes and improvements.
There are many heatmaps adaptations that can also be of good help to users, including retail matrix, diagrams, population maps, and so on.
Call a heatmap Denver SEO expert at GFF for more nformation on how this tool can work for your business.
If you have successfully implemented your SEO campaign and you have reached the desired ranking, you probably want to keep that ranking, too. Keeping your ranking will require you to work just as hard as during the implementation phase, one of the most important things to do being the permanent monitoring of current SEO trends.
Here is how to find out about them:
- Follow SEO blogs – look for blogs written by a reputable Denver SEO expert that will provide accurate, up-to-date information about new or planned changes in search engine algorithms, about successful tactics and strategies. Consider vloggers as well – there are many reputable SEO experts who prefer illustrating their content with visuals;
- Networking – attending events, webinars and other meetings are also great for finding out about the latest trends in SEO;
- Don’t forget about your competitors – follow the websites of all your major competitors and note any changes that you notice on their sites, then think about how you could implement similar changes on your pages, too;
- Use social media – many digital marketing experts use social media to publish relevant content about the latest SEO trends, so try to find such experts and follow their activity through social media.
Your brand is not just a logo. It is the image of what consumers think about it. The way they form their opinion about your brand can determine them to become customers. But before a potential customer can form an opinion about your brand, they must know it. It takes interaction to create that sense of connection with a brand. This is where the online brand management comes into play. From a strategic point of view, this implies the harmonious combination of two elements: the efforts to increase the presence of your company and the constant actions to strengthen its reputation in the online environment.
Maintaining a brand management strategy is demanding; it requires time and resources to create relevant content, respond to reviews and monitor your brand online. These responsibilities should not be left in the hands of business owners, or worse, of a single marketing manager, but they require the allocation of resources and the creation of a marketing budget, in order to be able to work with a true Denver SEO expert.
In addition, there is a misconception, common among business owners, that brand management investments lead to an immediate return. Building a brand is a marathon. To create positive and lasting brand recognition, a long-term strategy is required, with a well-established budget and a healthy dose of patience.
Search Engine Optimization might seem to many as an abstract process that is difficult to understand for laymen. Fortunately, SEO is very much a practical process, one based on strategy, one that combines diverse methods and uses many tools and also one that never looses sight of the goal to be achieved. Here are some practical tips from Denver SEO expert services:
- Use high-quality content – the content that you use for SEO purpose, either on your website or on other websites, must always be original, informative and useful. Whether you are publishing a guest post on a blog, content on your social media profiles or an article on your own website, always pay attention to the quality;
- Pay attention to content formatting and structure – your content needs to have headings of various levels, you should structure them around industry-relevant keywords and you should also use highlighting methods, such as bold fonts, underlining or italics, or attract attention to important information;
- Optimize your URLs – use short, relevant words and target keywords as well as hyphens in your URLs;
- Make your website responsive – most people use their mobile devices to search for products and services on the internet, so using a fluid, responsive design is essential for the success of your website.
Creating a new brand or trademark is no easy feat. Although you might already have a lot of clients, and you’re thinking of expanding your startup, the creation of a new brand can greatly increase your popularity and improve on your sales. Because brands have such a powerful psychological impact on prospects and buyers, it’s important to take all the necessary steps to create a brand that actually helps your business grow.
The basics of branding are not that difficult to put into action. You have to define your brand and come up with a valid, honest and clear message of what your business’ essence is and what you want to promise to your clients that you can accomplish for them. While defining your brand, you also have to think about the main qualities of your company, as well as the pros and cons associated with it and with your products. Talking with a Denver SEO expert can help you clarify your objectives, message, and focus.
Next it’s time for the hard part: popularizing your brand. For that purpose, you’ll need a catchy logo that you can add to all your ads and fliers, as well as brand messaging, a slogan and an overall “voice” that you associated with your brand and that will be integrated in all your marketing and advertising content. Make sure you remain consistent and true to your brand, so that customers will associated with the most positive traits they look for in a company like yours.