acebook can be a confusing animal for businesses. The competition is stiff and every company is trying to get noticed and generate attention. At any given moment, there are approximately 1,500 new news feed stories competing against each other for “Likes”. How do you compete and get noticed?
5 Tips to Help Your Business Gain Attention
Make sure your Facebook “About” page is properly filled out with searchable information and it includes the following:
- An overview of what your business has to offer
- A link to your website and
- All other information that will help visitors understand your business
Invite existing contacts to like your page
- Pull out the megaphone and ask everyone you know, (friends, customers, family, and co-workers) to connect with your business by liking your page.
- Whether in person, email, or via Facebook, try asking for “Likes” and positive reviews. This will build your following quickly and easily.
Add Facebook into your online and offline communication channels
Last quarter, Facebook passed 1.9 billion monthly users. You need to make your page as discoverable as possible in all of your marketing channels. This way, existing contacts can “Like” your page with ease. Here are some ideas:
- Place Facebook stickers in your store front windows,
- Add a link to your Facebook page to the signature line of your email, and
- Even include your Facebook URL on your receipts or blogs.
This comes into play with the content you create and share with your fans. Are people pressing the thumbs up “Like” button when you post and share? Take notice the next time you click, comment, or share a post on Facebook. Why and what compelled you to take that next step? You can tell habits of the Facebook user when you analyze your own trends. Use your observations to strategize your future posts. Check out our page as a guide.
Pay for “Fans” and Facebook Advertising
Facebook offers a “Page Like Ad” that contains a call-to-action that entices the user to “Like” the page and can appear in the News Feed as a page post or as a display ad. If you want to reach people who don’t know you yet, Facebook has tools to help you grow, increase visibility, and help your business grow. Here are a couple of ways this method of advertising can help.
- Drive Online Sales
- Raise Brand Awareness
- Promote Businesses Globally
It’s simple…the easier you make it for your followers to find you, the more your following will grow. These are just a few ways that Facebook can increase the growth of your business. Want to read more about social media? Want to understand more ways to increase your social media presence for your business?