While SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is quite a complex process that may take a while to understand, if you own a website, it is possible to optimize it for search engines yourself. However, before you decide to handle your site’s SEO on your own, you must ensure you fully understand what it entails.
SEO is about:
- Knowing your target audience well and what they are searching for;
- Researching keywords and creating content around them;
- Planning and publishing content on a regular basis.
- Link building (internal and external);
- Creating pages optimized for search engines and fixing technical issues;
- Sometimes, even restructuring your whole website may be required;
- Staying up to date with the constant Google algorithm changes and industry best practice;
If you’re new to this, the learning curve can be quite steep and time consuming, so whether you can do SEO yourself or not will depend on the time you are willing to allocate for learning and then for applying that knowledge to help improve your website. In the end, the answer really depends on one question: is your time better spent trying to do SEO yourself or focusing on what you already do best, and let experienced Denver SEO companies handle the rest?